The Importance of Clay Court Care
In addition to the construction/installation of Har-Tru, Hydrocourts, and Red Clay tennis courts, Keystone Sports Construction offers annual reconditioning and maintenance services for your racquet sports facility. For private and public facilities, routine maintenance along with annual reconditioning ensures ideal conditions for playability throughout the entire outdoor season, as well as maintaining aesthetics, and extending the life of the playing surface. Routine maintenance along with annual reconditioning will prevent small issues from becoming major resurfacing repairs and will inhibit moss and algae accumulation. Keystone Sports Construction is an authorized dealer of Har Tru materials and accessories and our technicians are trained and certified in clay court maintenance. Keystone Sports Construction maintains Har Tru and red clay courts in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Washington DC, New York and Connecticut.
Har-Tur, Clay and Hydrocourt Reconditioning and Maintenance Services
Our experts offer the following services:
- Debris/vegetation removal.
- Scraping the entire surface to break up any mold, algae, fungus, etc that can tighten the surface.
- Removal of unwanted material.
- Application of 2 tons of material distributed evenly per court.
- Manage water system to bind material.
- Rolling courts for re-compaction.
- Installation of tennis lines and nets.
Annual Clay Court Reconditioning
For the northeast region, it’s crucial to have your courts ready for the start of outdoor tennis season mid-April (weather pending). Keystone Sports Construction understands this urgency which is why we offer timely service and communication to ensure your courts are ready for your membership, league play, events, etc.
Clay Court Routine Maintenance
Having issues with your courts throughout the year? No problem, Keystone Sports Construction will be glad to assist you. Maintenance issues can come up and your facility might not have the staff available to address your needs in any given moment. We can help with anything from a simple net repair to a laser lift to correct any slope issues.
Routine Maintenance Services include:
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly maintenance plans.
- Net repairs.
- Installation of new tape and nails for tennis lines.
- Removal of weeds or any vegetation.
- Rolling courts to ensure compaction.
- Repair or adjusting water distribution.
- Laser lift and slope correction.
- And more..
Season End Court Closing
You just finished another successful outdoor season but we know you have to start preparing for the next season. Part of the process is making sure your clay courts are closed properly to ensure a smooth opening next year. Keystone Sports Construction can make sure that your courts are ready for the harsh Winter season conditions so come Spring, you are ready to go!
Court Closing services include:
- Taking down nets and net posts.
- Winterizing irrigation system.
- Removal/disposal of any “dead” material.
- Removal of nails and tape.
- Windscreen removal.